LIFEFY CORP WEBSITE PRIVACY STATEMENT — FULL STATEMENT
This Privacy Statement is provided to you on behalf of Lifefy Corp. To obtain a written copy of the complete privacy statement by mail send a written request to firstname.lastname@example.org
At Lifefy Corp we know how much you value privacy, and we realize that you care about what happens to the information you provide to us through our website, mobile applications, emails, phones, text messaging, live events, and other sources (our “Website”). We also know many people enjoy the benefits they receive from sharing personal information. At Lifefy we want you to understand how your data is likely to be used and to make sure you know how to protect your data to the greatest degree possible.
Lifefy Corp’s privacy statement does not apply to third-party sites even if you link to them from our web pages. Each of those sites should have their own privacy statement and policy. We have provided details below regarding how Lifefy collects, uses, and shares your information.
We start with the following Privacy rules –
- We do not sell customer information.
- We do not allow those who are doing business on our behalf to use our customer information for their own marketing purposes.
- We contractually require any person or organization providing products or services on our behalf to protect Lifefy Corp customer information, and prohibit third parties from disclosing or using your information other than to carry out the purposes for which the information was disclosed.
- We may share customer information and permit others to use that information if you give us your consent, it is necessary to complete a transaction you request, or it is otherwise permitted by law.
- We handle information about former and prospective customers the same as existing customers.
- WHAT INFORMATION DOES THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT APPLY TO?
This Privacy Statement applies to the collection, use, and disclosure of information from and about you by Lifefy Corp on our website (www.lifefy.com ), through our mobile application, and through telephone communications, email communications, and other sources (collectively, our “Website”). Lifefy Corp’s mobile application will collect the same information identified in this Privacy Statement and that information will be used and shared as stated in this Privacy Statement.
This Privacy Statement does not apply to third-party websites that may be accessible through hyperlinks on the Website, which have their own privacy statement that we encourage you to review. Linking to a third-party site does not mean that we endorse the site, any products or services described on the site, or any other material contained in a third-party site. To the extent any linked websites you visit are not owned or controlled by us, we are not responsible for the sites’ content, any use of the sites, or the privacy practices of the sites. Please review the privacy statement on those other websites to see how they handle your information.
If you choose to use our Website in any way, such as browsing or interacting, you agree with the terms of our current Privacy Statement as posted here. If you do not agree with this Privacy Statement, you should not use our Website. We may update or modify this Privacy Statement from time to time at our sole discretion, and will note the date of last update on the top of this page. We encourage you to visit this area frequently to stay informed, as your continued use of our Website following the posting of changes to these terms means that you consent to such changes.
- WHAT INFORMATION DOES LIFEFY CORP COLLECT?
We may obtain information about you when you choose to provide it to us and when we collect it from third parties. We may also collect certain information about your device or usage by automated means, including through technologies such as cookies, web server logs, and web beacons.
- INFORMATION THAT YOU OR OTHERS PROVIDE
You may choose to provide information to us in a number of ways, such as when you request a quote, apply for a policy, sign up for promotions or newsletters, purchase our products, register on the Website, post or provide content, or otherwise interact on the Website. The types of information you may provide to us include:
- Information we receive from you on applications or other forms or in order to provide you with a quote (such as name, address, city, state, ZIP code, email address, telephone number, birth date, household information, marital status, information about beneficiaries, and education);
- Information about your transactions and relationships with us, our affiliated companies, and others (such as products or services purchased, account balances, your policy coverage, premiums, and payment history);
- Financial and payment information (such as social security number, net worth, assets, income, payment card number, expiration date, account number, and billing address);
- Medical information (such as information about your health status or condition, payment for health care, etc.);
- Product preferences, advertisement preferences, and other information about how you use our Website;
- Content you submit or post (such as photographs, videos, reviews, articles, comments, or any other information you provide to us or post);
- Employment information;
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- If you provide us with information regarding another individual, we will assume that you have that person’s consent to give us his or her information.
- We also may collect information about you from third parties, such as:
- Information we receive from a consumer reporting agency (such as information about your creditworthiness and credit history);
- Information we receive from third parties in order to issue and service your policies (such as motor vehicle reports and medical information);
- Information we receive from third-party social media sites (see section 5 below).
- INFORMATION COLLECTED AUTOMATICALLY
When you visit this Website or our online advertisements, utilize our services, open an email that we send you, or interact with social networking applications, we (and our third-party advertisers and/or service providers) may collect information about your usage or device by automated means. Some of the technologies we use to collect information automatically include:
Web server logs: In conjunction with obtaining information through cookies, our web servers may log details regarding your device, operating system, or information about your Website usage.
Web beacons, pixels, and analytics software: To control which web servers collect information described above, we may place tags on our Website or in emails called “web beacons” or “pixels.” These are computer instructions that link web pages to particular web servers and their cookies. Web beacons and pixels can be used to track the pages you view, links that you click, or other online behavior. These tools may also be used to measure the effectiveness of our email campaigns by identifying the individuals who open or act upon an email message, when an email message is opened, how many times an email message is forwarded, the type of software, device, operating system and browser used to deliver the email, and any URL accessed through our email message. Such tools are also used in connection with online advertisements on our Website and on third-party websites to collect the same types of information with respect to individuals who click on advertisements.
Other: we may use other technology to collect information for the purposes described in this Privacy Statement.
Such technologies may permit collection of data elements such as demographic data, browser type, MAC address and other unique device information, operating system type and settings, domain, the address of the web page that linked you to our Website, IP address, pages visited, whether you have visited us before or are new to the Website, activities conducted on the page (such as search queries), and the day and time of your visit. If you access our Websites from a mobile device, we may collect your precise location using GPS, cell tower, Bluetooth, or Wi-Fi signals. You may turn this feature off in your device settings at any time. This information may be correlated to other data that identifies you specifically.
At this time, we do not honor “do not track” signals from website browsers. However, you may refuse or delete cookies. If you refuse or delete cookies, some of the functionality of our Websites may be impaired. If you turn off cookies, Web beacon and other technologies will still detect visits to our Websites, but the information they generate cannot be associated with other non-identifiable cookie information and are disregarded. Please refer to your browser Help instructions to learn more about how to manage cookies and the use of similar technologies.
- HOW DOES LIFEFY CORP USE MY INFORMATION?
We use your information for the following purposes:
- offering you products and services, deciding if you qualify for our products and services, and servicing your account;
- establishing and verifying the identity and eligibility of users;
- opening, maintaining, administering, managing, and servicing users’ profiles, accounts or memberships;
- processing, servicing or enforcing transactions (including credit or debit card transactions);
- providing products, content, content suggestions, services, and support;
- conducting special events, sweepstakes, surveys, programs, contests, and other offers (and communicating with you about such events);
- analyzing and improving our products, services, or Website (including developing new products and services; improving safety; managing our communications; analyzing our products; performing market research; performing data analytics; and performing accounting, auditing and other internal functions);
- providing users with product, service, or company updates;
- marketing and advertising our products or services as well as products and services of third parties (such as affiliates, subsidiaries, and business partners);
- responding to your inquiries or comments, or contacting you as necessary;
- operating and communicating with you about or through external social networking platforms;
- maintaining the security and integrity of our systems, including maintaining internal records;
- conforming to legal requirements or industry standards, complying with legal process, detecting and preventing fraud or misuse, defending our legal rights, or protecting others;
- as part of a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, transfer, sale, corporate change, or any other transaction involving all or a portion of Lifefy Corp ’s assets.
All information we collect may be aggregated and merged or enhanced with data from other sources, such as third parties or our mobile application. We may also collect and store information locally on your device using mechanisms such as browser web storage (including HTML 5) and application data caches.
- HOW DOES LIFEFY CORP SHARE MY INFORMATION?
We may disclose all of the information we collect (including your nonpublic personal financial information), as described in Section 2 above, to both affiliated and non-affiliated third parties, such as:
- To companies that perform marketing services on our behalf;
- To financial services providers, such as life insurers, automobile insurers, mortgage bankers, securities broker-dealers, and insurance agents with whom you are seeking a financial product or service;
- To third parties who help us with our business functions, such as service providers or suppliers. Examples of these service providers include entities that process credit card and other types of payments, help us moderate content posted on the Website, provide web hosting or analytics services, or who assist with marketing functions;
- To third parties involved in servicing and administering products and services on your behalf such as:
- Your agent, broker or producer;
- Reinsurance companies;
- Firms that assist us in the servicing of your policies;
- Firms that assist in the printing or delivering of statements and notices.
- To third parties for specific purposes permitted by law, such as:
- If necessary, to protect the safety, property, or other rights of us, our customers, or employees;
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request, or as otherwise required by law;
- To State or federal regulators;
- To auditors;
- To a consumer reporting agency in accordance with the federal Fair Credit Reporting Act.
- To insurance rate advisory organizations, guaranty funds or agencies, agencies that are rating Lifefy, persons that are assessing Lifefy’s compliance with industry standards, and Lifefy’s attorneys, accountants, and auditors;
- To protect the confidentiality or security of Lifefy’s records pertaining to you, our services, products, or transactions;
- To companies that administer or enforce a transaction that you request or authorize, or in connection with:
- Servicing or processing an insurance product or service that you request or authorize;
- Maintaining or servicing your account;
- A proposed or actual securitization, secondary market sale, or similar transaction related to your transactions; or
- Reinsurance or stop loss or excess loss insurance.
- With your consent in certain circumstances.
We may disclose information about our customers and our former customers to these third parties for the purposes described above.
We reserve the right to transfer information we have about you in the event we sell, transfer, or engage in another transaction involving all or a portion of our business or assets, or undertake another form of corporate change, including bankruptcy. Following such a sale, transfer, or transaction, or corporate change, you may contact the entity to which we transferred your information with any inquiries concerning the processing of that information.
Your information may be stored in databases maintained by Lifefy Corp (including local storage) or third parties, and may be disclosed to third parties for the purposes stated in this Privacy Statement. If you visit our Websites from a country other than the United States, you consent to such cross-border transfers of personal data to the United States and to other countries around the world.
- WHAT ABOUT EXTERNAL SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORMS?
Our Websites’ web pages may embed plugs-ins, widgets or other apps of various external social media platforms. When you encounter those embedded objects, your internet browser may make a direct connection to the social media platform’s service and may share with the social media platforms information such as which of our Websites you have visited, information about your public profile, or content you have posted.
- IS MY INFORMATION SECURE?
Lifefy Corp will take reasonable precautions to protect your information from loss, misuse or alteration. For example, we have procedures in place that limit internal access to personal information to only those employees who need to access it in order to perform business services or market products on behalf of Lifefy Corp and our affiliates. We educate our employees on the importance of protecting the privacy and security of your information. They are not permitted to use your personal data for any purpose other than that for which it was given. We also maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with federal and state regulations to guard your personal information.
Please be aware, however, that any email or other transmission you send through the Internet cannot be completely protected against unauthorized interception. As a result, we ask that you not send any confidential information to Lifefy Corp via email. If you do want to send us a secure and confidential message, log in to your account and use the form provided.
- DOES LIFEFY CORP COLLECT INFORMATION FROM CHILDREN?
Lifefy Corp does not intentionally collect information from children under 13 years of age, and children under age 13 should not submit any information to us. If we become aware that a child has provided us with information without parental consent, or a parent or guardian of a child contacts us through the contact information provided below, we will use reasonable efforts to delete the child’s information from our databases.
- WHAT CHOICES DO I HAVE?
We want to communicate with you about our products and services and make content available to you, but only in the ways that you agree to hear from us. You may unsubscribe from our newsletters, special offers or discounts, or other marketing communications by following the unsubscribe instructions in any email or other communication you receive from us. After doing so, you will not receive future promotional emails unless you open a new account, enter a contest, or sign up to receive newsletters or emails. Please note that even after unsubscribing we may still disclose information as permitted or required by law including, but not limited to, service related announcements, important information about your policy, state required notices, and other non-marketing communications about your account or purchases that you have made. Please allow up to 2 weeks to process your request.
We store data for as long as it is necessary to provide the products and services described in this Privacy Statement and for our internal business purposes. If you would like us to delete information, you may contact us using the information below and we will take reasonable efforts to delete your information from our records, but may need to keep a copy for administrative purposes (such as documenting that a transaction occurred) or in accordance with recordkeeping laws.
We also participate in interest-based or behavioral advertising. This means that you may receive advertising on our website or other websites that are tailored to how you browse.
- HOW CAN I CONTACT LIFEFY CORP?
Lifefy Corp is committed to working with you to obtain a fair and rapid resolution of any queries, complaints, or disputes about privacy. If you have submitted information to Lifefy Corp and you would like to have it deleted from our databases or corrected, or if you have any other questions or comments regarding our privacy practices, please email us at email@example.com for more information.
By using this site, you agree to the following terms:
INFORMATION ON THIS WEBSITE
The information contained on this site does not constitute an offer or solicitation for the sale of any security, insurance product or any other product or service by Lifefy Corp Company’s Inc. or its subsidiaries (collectively, Lifefy Corp). Content is provided for informational purposes and should not be construed as a substitute for legal or financial advice from a professional advisor.
RESTRICTIONS ON USE
Your use of the materials on this site, including content, documents, products, software, graphics and text, and all software, design, programming techniques and documentation used to operate and support the site, is subject to these terms. You may download material displayed on this site to your personal computer and you may print one copy of the information contained on this site solely for your own personal use provided you do not remove any copyright, trademark or other proprietary notices contained on the materials. Except as authorized in writing by Lifefy Corp, no materials from this site or any Web site owned, operated, licensed or controlled by Lifefy Corp may be copied, reproduced, duplicated, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted, hyperlinked or distributed in any way.
WHERE WE ARE AUTHORIZED TO CONDUCT BUSINESS
Lifefy Corp is not authorized to do business in every state or country. In addition, the products and services described on this site may not be available in all states or countries.
MODIFICATION OF THIS SITE AND MATERIALS
Lifefy Corp may, at any time and for any reason, stop making this site available and/or remove and discard any materials within it. Further, Lifefy Corp shall not be liable to you or any third-party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the site.
This site may provide, or third parties may provide, links to other websites or resources. Lifefy Corp has no control over such sites and resources, is not responsible for their availability, and does not endorse and is not responsible or liable for any content, advertising, products, or other materials on or available from them. Lifefy Corp shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of such sites or resources. Your use of such sites or resources shall be subject to the terms and conditions set forth by them.
LIFEFY CORP ‘S PROPRIETARY RIGHTS
All rights, title and interests in and to the site and its materials, including, but not limited to, all patent rights, copyrights, trade secrets, trademarks, site marks and other inherent proprietary rights, are retained by Lifefy Corp or its licensors. Except as expressly authorized by Lifefy Corp herein, you agree not to make, copy, display, modify, rent, lease, license, loan, sell, distribute or create derivative works of the site or its materials in whole or in part. Any modification of the site or its materials for any purpose is in violation of these terms.
Lifefy Corp Marks, including, but not limited to the Lifefy design logo marks, are registered trademarks and service marks of Lifefy Corp. Lifefy Corp Marks may not be displayed or otherwise used in any manner without the prior written consent of Lifefy Corp. All other trademarks not owned by Lifefy Corp that appear on this site are the property of their respective owners.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
This site and its materials are provided “as is ” and “as available ” and without warranties of any kind, either express or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of accuracy, completeness, non-infringement, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, including, without limitation, whether any insurance or other product described on the site is appropriate to meet your needs.
Without limitation of the foregoing, Lifefy Corp makes no warranty that (i) the site will meet your requirements; (ii) the site will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free; (iii) the results that may be obtained from use of the site will be accurate or reliable; (iv) the quality of any products, sites, information, or other material obtained by you through the site will meet your expectations; or (v) any errors in the site will be corrected.
Any material viewed, downloaded or otherwise obtained through the use of the site is done solely at your own discretion and risk, and you will be solely responsible for any damage to your computer system or loss of data that results from the viewing or download of any such material.
No information provided to you through this site shall be the basis for any warranty between you and Lifefy Corp.
LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY
Lifefy Corp and its officers, directors, employees, consultants and contractors shall not be liable for any damages, losses, costs or injuries suffered as a result of or in relation to this site or its materials, your use of either of the foregoing, or your breach of these terms or restrictions. In no event shall Lifefy Corp be liable for any indirect, punitive, special, incidental, or consequential damages (including, without limitation, loss of sales, business, revenue, profit, use, data or other economic advantage), however it arises, whether for breach of contract or in tort, even if Lifefy Corp has been advised of the possibility of such damages. In no event shall Lifefy Corp be liable to you for damages greater than $50 in aggregate.
You shall indemnify, defend and hold Lifefy Corp harmless from and against all claims, actions, liabilities, damages, losses, debts, costs and expenses, including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys’ fees, arising out of or relating to (i) your use or modification of this site or its materials; (ii) any information content or materials submitted or provided by you; or (iii) your breach of any of these terms or restrictions.
To avoid any misunderstandings as to ownership or compensation, this site should not be used to submit ideas, suggestions or materials (collectively, submissions) to Lifefy Corp. Employees, consultants and other representatives of Lifefy Corp have many creative ideas of their own, some of which may be similar to your submissions. In addition, while you may believe that your submissions are novel or unique, it is possible that they are otherwise known by Lifefy Corp or within the financial or other industries. If, despite our request, you submit any submissions to Lifefy Corp via this site, such submissions shall become the property of Lifefy Corp and you hereby assign to Lifefy Corp, without further consideration, all of your rights, title and interests in and to the same, including, without limitation, any pertinent copyright, trade secret, patent and any other intellectual property rights. Any additional or different terms of ownership or use submitted by you in connection with any such submission shall be void. In addition, Lifefy Corp shall be under no obligation of confidence with respect to any such submission and shall not be liable for any use or disclosure of the same.
COPYRIGHT AND COPYRIGHT AGENTS
Lifefy Corp respects the intellectual property of others, and we ask our users to do the same. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide Lifefy Corp’s Copyright Agent the following information:
- An electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest;
- A description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
- A description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the site;
- Your address, telephone number and email address;
- A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law;
- A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
Lifefy Corp’s Copyright Agent for notice of claims of copyright infringement on its site is:
Alberto Vilar Jr.
You also may be subject to additional terms and conditions that may apply when you use subsidiaries’ sites, third-party content or third-party software. These terms and the relationship between you and Lifefy Corp shall be governed by the laws of the State of Delaware and controlling United States federal law without regard to conflict of law provisions. The failure of Lifefy Corp to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these terms shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If any provision of these terms is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, the parties nevertheless agree that the court should endeavor to give effect to the parties’ intentions as reflected in the provision, and that the other provisions of these terms shall remain in full force and effect.
The section titles included in this statement are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect.
CHANGES TO TERMS